Friday, August 28, 2009

Communication to Buyers is the Key

Communication to Buyers is the Key.

eBay gives you emails that you can create to send to your buyers.
To find these eBay buyers emails to create you will need to follow these steps.

1) My eBay
2) Selling Manager
3) Sold
4) Buyers Email
5) Manage Email Templates

Once you have clicked on a Sold item you will see next to the users ID is there email address. Clicking on their email address will bring you to Email Buyers page, as I have shown in the picture.










Here eBay has created seven email templates that you can customize to your preference. Here you can read more about Editing eBay Email Templates.

These are:

  • Winning Buyers Notification
  • Payment Reminder
  • Payment Received Notification
  • Request for Shipping Address
  • Feedback Reminder
  • Shipping Notification
  • Personal

  • In these you can edit the subject line, along with the email body to suit your needs. At the closure add your name, username and a link to your products or your eBay store. You may not add links to outside of eBay.

    Once you have created your emails templates they can be used to send to each of your buyers.

    I write to all my buyers. To send an email to a buyer click on their email address provided in your sold items. Here will bring up the list of your email templates from a drop-down list for you to choose the one needed.

    The most common eBay emails to my buyers I use I have listed below with a short description of what I added when I created my eBay email templates.

    1st email - Payment Received Notification
    Thank you for your purchase and your business. Your payment has been received. Your package will be shipped out within 1-2 days. Once I ship your package out I will send you another email with a tracking number for your package.

    2nd email - Shipping Notification
    Your eBay package has been shipped. I give them a time frame when it will be delivered. What carrier I used and the tracking number. Add once your package arrives and you are satisfied with your purchase, please take the time to leave a feedback. If not satisfied with your purchase please contact me before leaving a feedback. I carry 100% feedback, cause I do care about my customers.

    3rd email - Feedback Reminder
    This one I prefer not to use Feedback Reminder as the subject line. I have changed this subject line to state : eBay Delivery Status for xxxx. In the xx I have a link to the item title.
    After 14 days I do not receive a feedback I write 3rd time asking them if they received their package. Or letting them know they had received it and I noticed you did not leave a feedback. If you are satisfied with your item you purchased from me. please take the time to leave a feedback. If for any reason you are not satisfied please contact me before leaving a feedback. As you can see I carry 100% feedback, cause I do care about my customers.

    Once you customize the eBay email templates it is quick and easy to send messages to your buyers.

    2 comments: