Thursday, May 31, 2012

Using Keywords in your eBay Listings for Best Results

When I have done a search on eBay or seeing others asking for help on their listings in Facebook groups, one thing I notice quiet often is sellers are not using keywords in their titles correctly.

eBay gives sellers up to 80 characters for their titles, where Google picks up only 70 characters.

Though I see sellers use the correct eBay category they are not using all 80 character to their best advantage. With being a seller we have to think outside of the box for search engines.

Use the most important or main word at the beginning, the least effective words at the end. Think of it as what buyers search for first, by what words they would use first when searching for an item.

The two tools I use quiet often for my listings are.


1) Google Keywords. This is part of Google Adwords. One will need a Google Account and Google Adwords account to access this. The one I use quiet often to find out what people are searching for by keywords.

Once I have accessed my Google Keywords account, I will take a word in my title see how many people are searching for it by that word.

Example: if I put in doll clothes I find 33000 searches by keyword use of 18 in doll clothes. Not by just doll clothes, but by 18 in doll clothes comes up with the highest in search, or for the words people use in Google search. If I was listing doll clothes that fit an 18 inch doll I would put in 18 inch doll clothe for my first words in my title. Followed by the next keywords I find relevent to what pertains to the item I am selling.

Once I determine which keyword is being searched for most I will use it at the beginning of my title. Or I might completely change it to what is a better match in Google Keywords by what is used as the highest rank of keyword found if it relates to what I am selling. This is something one has to play around with till they determine which keywords are best for them to bring in the most traffic and get the item sold.

Google Keywords is also a great tool to use if you have items that have been sitting in your store for quiet some time.

2) eBay's Listing Analytics. This can be found in eBay applications to see how your items are ranking in search engines.

With the eBay Listing Analytics you place your title of your listing. This will show you your impressions, clicks, click through rate, items sold, sale through, watchers and sell price.

This eBay Listing Analytics is determined gives a ranking for the last 30 days of your item being listed. There is a 1 to 3 day delay, not current as the day you did your research. It will give you the time frame.  In here you want to increase your impressions to the highest to get your click through rate up.

By using Google Keywords and eBay Listing Analytics this helps me to get my items sold faster and getting my items shown in search engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment